PRESS RELEASESee all press releases
Maya Gold & Silver: Commences drilling with two rigs on its Amizmiz Gold & Silver Project, Morocco
Montreal, Quebec, October 27, 2009 – MAYA GOLD & SILVER (TSX-V: MYA) is pleased to report that a 7,500-metre drilling program has commenced at the Amimiz Gold & Silver project, Morocco.
This first drilling program will test a number of targets outlined by Maya’s recent field works and should be completed within four months.
An electrical drill is currently testing high grade vein type such as:
- TRNA: 26.16 g/t Au over a width of 0.98m followed over 34m (see press release, August 18, 2009);
- TRNC: 9.46 g/t Au over a width of 1.68m followed over 19.55m (see press release, September 1, 2009);
- AZS-1: 11.9 g/t Au over a width of 1.7m followed over 16m and;
- AZS-2: 25.1 g/t Au over a width of 0.87m followed over 9m (see press release, October 7, 2009 for AZS-1 and 2)
One of those high grade zones has been encountered and explored underground by crosscuts and drifts on two levels by previous operators.
While a larger hydraulic drill is being dedicated to Colline T and TIQLIT Induced Polarization (“I.P.”) anomaly. Characterized by chlorite schist where a quartz and oxides mineralized stockwerk was sampled over a large area. This zone is easily accessible and represents an excellent low grade-bulk tonnage target:
- Colline T may aggregate 2 million to over 6 million tonnes at grades varying between 1 and 3 g/t Au (see Technical Report filed on SEDAR, the Aït Bou-Haddou Project located in Marrakech Province, Kingdom of Morocco, prepared by: Charlton Mining Exploration Inc., dated May 8, 2009)
- 1.5km I.P. anomaly (press release, September 17, 2009) and preliminary sampling: all 7 grab samples returned results between 0.3 g/t to 13.32 g/t Au.;
The potential quantity and grade of the exploration target described is conceptual in nature, that there has been insufficient exploration to define a mineral resource and that it is uncertain if further exploration will result in the target being delineated as a mineral resource.
Since inception of exploration work in June 2009, the Company conducted mapping, sampling and trenching, that have resulted in many new showings both high grade and low grade. Further MAG and I.P. surveys conducted over an area of 6 square-kilometre on the Amizmiz property outlined four main exploration targets. These results have been instrumental in the design of the first phase program.
See location of planned drill targets via the following link:
Maya Gold & Silver Inc. is a Canadian mining company newly listed on the TSX Venture Exchange which focuses on the research of gold and silver deposits.
For further information on Maya visit www.mayagoldandsilver.com or contact:
Maya Gold & Silver Inc.:
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Except for statements of historical fact, all statements in this news release, without limitation regarding new project acquisitions future plans and objectives are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate; actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements.